Friday, January 13, 2006

Having too much fun can ruin your jewelry


Hi, My name is Anne and I’m guilty.

I have to admit it. It happened back in 2001 when I saw Prince in concert. I enjoyed it so much that I couldn’t stop clapping my hands and screaming. The next morning I awoke to damaged rings. I had worn two platinum rings to the concert; one on each ring finger. Every time I clapped my hands, I dented my rings by banging the metals together. The next day it was obvious I had a great time by glancing at the dimpled “golf ball effect” all over my rings. This can happen with any metal and it’s not pretty.


We see a lot of damaged jewelry at Curt Parker Jewelers from women simply having too much fun in their jewelry. Lady’s, please take your jewelry off before you go to bed no matter how tired you are. Bracelets and necklaces can last twice as long with a little extra care. And please, save your pearls by putting them on after your hairspray and perfume. Did you know that chlorine in pools and hot tubs can eat away the alloys in 14k and 18k jewelry and make the metal pitted and brittle?


Don’t get me wrong. I’m all in favor of having as much fun as possible. Learn from my mistakes and use a little caution and you will look your Brilliant best for years instead of one really great night.


For more information visit http://www.curtparker.com/


Sign up for our newsletters see and purchase beautiful jewelry.

Download our Podcast

No comments: